There have been times when I wanted to show a section view with the crosshatch in a different color than the default black. Here is what the default view looks like.
Here are the steps to get a different color for the crosshatch.
- Create a new layer and give it the color, line style, and line thickness you want.
- Select the default crosshatched area on the section view.
- In the Area Hatch/Fill Property Manager, uncheck the “Material crosshatch” checkbox.
- Then select “None” as the option for type and select “OK” (green checkmark).
- Select the area (or areas) that you want to have crosshatched.
- Go to the Insert dropdown menu and select “Annotations > Area Hatch/Fill”.
- Here is where you can select what style of Hatch you want to have on the area.
- Then select the newly created layer (color layer).
- This is what your colored drawing view will look like.