So you want to see what's on your network without spending thousands of dollars for that specialized software that will tell you everything? Spiceworks is the perfect free software for you.
I manage our IT department and wanted/needed to know what was on our network. I found this great free product called Spiceworks. If you want to spend some money, they do have a paid version that eliminates the advertisements but I wouldn’t bother they are very subtle, I hardly notice them.
- Find out what software is installed on our systems
- The status of our printers
- Which computers are on warranty and which ones are running out
- See who has the latest security software installed
- Track my entire inventory for switches to servers
- Set up a Help Desk so I can create help tickets and track problems
I find that it makes my IT life so much easier. I bet your thinking I must own stock in the company or maybe I’m getting some cool free stuff. But I’m not. I just think it's a great product and the price is right. From one IT person to another, with so much to offer you can’t go wrong!