You can upgrade the Workgroup PDM Vault Server using one of the following:
- SolidWorks Check for Updates
- SolidWorks installation DVD
- Workgroup PDM upgrade file manually downloaded to a local folder.
NOTE: You can install only one version of Workgroup PDM Vault Server!
Main Steps to Upgrade the Vault Server:
1. Ask all users to log out of the Workgroup PDM vault and then lock it.
2. Backup the vault data.
3. Use Microsoft Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to remove the current version of Workgroup PDM Server.
4. Install the new version of Workgroup PDM Server using ONE of these three methods:
To use SolidWorks Check for Updates:
- In Windows, click Start > All Programs > SolidWorks Installation Manager> Check for Updates.
2. In the Newer Versions Available dialog box, select Download and install a new version, select the version to install, and then click Next. The new version of SolidWorks Installation Manager downloads and runs.
1. Insert the DVD into the drive and follow the SolidWorks Installation Manager instructions.
To use the manually downloaded Workgroup PDM installation file (pdmwserver.exe):
- Double-click the file and then follow the instructions to upgrade the Workgroup PDM Server.
- Use SolidWorks Task Scheduler to update the Workgroup PDM files in the vault.
- Unlock the vault and then notify users that they can return to using it.
Upgrading Workgroup PDM Clients:
Clients are prompted to update the first time they log in after the vault is updated. No service pack is required for client updates.