N!Fuze is a new offering from SolidWorks that will offer online, subscription-based collaboration for smaller organizations who may not have formal Product Data Management or the resources to support a formal PDM system. It is available as a SolidWorks add-in, or as a web client for non-SolidWorks users.
Key benefits of n!Fuze:
- It allows for online collaboration by sharing “Workspaces”. It also allows access to your files from any and all locations as long as you have internet access.
- Functionality is provided so that your invited guests (up to 5 free per account) can download your files or provide comments.
- Versioning is supported.
- Dependencies are also supported in workspaces.
What other details should I know about n!Fuse?
- There is a free 30-day trial, and subscriptions can be purchased quarterly or annually from the DS store online (release dates to be announced).
- All support is community-based.
- Any data uploaded lives on the web, up to 15GB of storage is included in the subscription, with more space available for an additional charge.
- You can invite up to 5 guests free of charge per subscription, they can download and comment on files in your workspace.
- There is an n!Fuze app for the iPad!
You can view a video on n!Fuze in action from SolidWorks World below, thanks to Deelip.com!