Well, in today's global economic world, product development plays key role in any engineering/consulting/manufacturing company. To do product development in time and to introduce quality products computer aided virtual engineering play key role.
In order to bring your clay/studio model, which is generally shows RED performance in Virtual Engineering Analysis to GREEN performance level in production version of your product each and every product needs to be checked for following performance criteria in above mentioned product design cycle stages.
· Component and Assembly level Motion Analysis (Kinematics and Dynamics) for checking Dynamic Interferences and extract loads for Structural Analyses
· Component and Assembly level Structural Finite Element Analysis(FEA) for checking Stress, Deformation, Fatigue and Buckling Analyses
· Integration level Vibration / Noise Finite Element Analysis(FEA) for checking Resonant Frequencies and Noise related issues and fixing them
· Integration level Impact Analysis Finite Element Analysis(FEA) for Checking Nonlinear (Static and Dynamic) performance of the product to get 5 STAR rating for your product
· Integration level Computation Fluid Dynamics Flow Analysis (CFD) for Flow rate, Drag calculations to improve the efficiency of your product
· Component and Assembly level Heat Transfer Analysis using FEA and CFD, which helping reducing the heat transfer and balance the energy between the subsystems of the product.
Repeat these analysis for at least twenty five proposed design releases and Optimized the design before the launch of the product.
The SolidWorks Integrated FEA/CFD Code: SolidWorks Simulation (COSMOS) can help your designers and design release engineers can release the integrated parts on time in each stage of your product and reduce the prototype and testing costs for your validation engineers. Thus the chief engineer of the product(s) along with management team will allocate more budgets for doing MORE VIRTUAL ENGINEERING by investing intelligently into Software and Computers and related hardware.
Thus, by doing a simple product development plan in the product design will enable the organizations to do designs using SolidWorks on time and evaluate the models in very efficient and effective way. Finally, your customer will be spending very less money on warranty issues.